Join us on exploring healing plants from around the world during this course spanned out over 4 months (8 class dates). We will make herbal remedies for your global healing chest, learn about the science behind herbalism, and explore 4 herbal healing traditions around the world. Certificate in Global Herbalism will be presented depending upon completion of course requirements.
Each day we will explore herbs from a specific healing tradition and craft a remedy to build your home apothecary while focusing on one of the global healing traditions. Topics and traditions will include…
- ~ Introduction day going over herbal remedies and terminology
- ~ Four different herbal healing traditions and their materia medica from around the world
- ~ Traditional ceremonial Mayan and Shamanic rituals
- ~ Plant identification hike or walk and harvesting, weather permitting
- ~ Botanical crafting
- ~ Herbal interactions with your physiology and their applications
- ~ Introduction to scientific concepts in basic pharmacology and phytochemistry
- ~ Personal work with several herbs throughout the course
- ~ Optional 1 week Field Course Study in Belize, January 2020 (additional cost, details coming soon)
- ~ Course includes all materials and course binder packed with valuable handouts, recipes from around the world collected over the past 9 years of Bridget’s travels and global studies!
- ~ Online student portal to access resources, readings, and recordings
- ~ Several projects and readings will be expected to be completed outside of class
- ~ If you miss a class, you are responsible for getting class notes from another student
- ~ After successful attendance of classes, you will earn a certificate of completion
- Dates: Next course begins September 21, 2019
- Location: People House at 3035 W 25th Ave, Denver, CO 80211
$397 by August 20th
$447 after August 20th
This course is the result of my 10 years of practicing and studying herbalism, exploration of global botanical medicine traditions during my studies in Italy, Central America, and the Amazon, as well as my scientific training at CU Boulder, Harvard, Georgetown, and Boston University. I am a Certified Herbalist, Founder of Bridget’s Botanicals, previous Adjunct Biology Professor at Arapahoe Community College, and have been a guest speaker for numerous groups and organizations. I have been teaching formal and informal science education (primarily Biology and Chemistry) for 10 years. My generational roots take me back to Iowa where my Grandpa farmed the land, made elderberry and dandelion wine. My herbal teachers have greatly influenced my herbal practice to work with my intuition, plant spirits, and spiritual aspects of herbalism and the whole person. I am SO excited to share my experiences and knowledge through this unique course and look forward to you joining me and living a life of health and well-being!
~ Botanically, Bridget